Writers usually don’t like to give away trade secrets, but just this once Val and J.L. have agreed to tell us a few little known facts about what happened during the creation of THE PRIMORTUS CHRONICLES!
- One of the major characters was supposed to die at the end but was saved by a BETA READER, who pleaded for the authors to spare their favorite! Unfortunately, that meant somebody else had to go!!
- The main character’s name Skylee Porter started out with a different spelling–Skyleigh. It was changed to give her a connection to her father’s name Lee.
- The story is set in New Zealand for several reasons…first and foremost, it’s a beautiful country, but also because both authors love The Lord of the Rings, where the movies were filmed. Which also explains the obsession Skylee’s stepsister, Chrism, has with the LOTR’s books and movies.
- The authors came very close to writing a series of story books for much younger readers–but instead ended up with 3 epic fantasy length books and nearly 1800 pages!!
- The 3 types of Helpmates called Shifters, Reapers, and Seers almost didn’t make it into the story. They were added during the final edits of Eleventh Elementum-Book 1.
So there you have it, a few things the authors kept under wraps until now. They say confession is good for the soul, so stay tuned there may be more where this came from….or not.